01-26-2021, 06:21 PM   #12
RMachuca3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Msport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davin21 View Post
This will be my first BMW. I never had anything against BMW, just waiting for the tech to catch up in their cars. With the new cockpit pro I feel that has happened. I traded in my Mercedes C300 for the Infiniti Q60 RS as I wanted something more fun to drive. Now that my Q60 RS is reaching the 50K mile mark and almost out of warranty I am ready for something new. I wanted something just as fun to drive. I have looked at many cars, Lexus RC, Toyota Supra, BMW Z4, etc., that are similar in performance. I wanted something a little more practical when it came to gas mileage and cargo capacity. After reading up and watching lots of videos on the BMW M235i I decided to test drive one. I'll admit I was surprised. This car is fun. I know there is a lot of hate due to the styling and it not being rear wheel drive. Honestly I am from up north and front or four wheel drive is all I know. The 0-60 acceleration is almost the exact same as my Q60 RS. Dimensions are also very similar, however cargo capacity is much better. In the M235i still feel like I am in a coupe. The rear is still growing on me. I went to 3 dealers before I found one that was really willing to work with me. It was hard finding a dealer to give me more than 30K for a 2018 Infiniti Q60RS with 50K miles on it. It does need at least a few thousand in maintenance, tires, rotors, and brake pads. This is all normal and I have no major complaints about the Q60RS. Turns out the dealer is one of the top dealers in the state. I have am already approved for financing the M235i. I asked if they could give me 2 weeks to see if I can come up with more than 5K down. I am rolling over 15K negative equity so if I can pay half that off up front it would be great and make the payments about the same as I am paying now. Also, I have M235i's choose from. The mineral grey has almost every single option except driving assistance package. The alpine white has every single option (including floating wheel caps, lol) except it does not have the performance front seats. They both have the HUD, Moonroof, M performance package, and shadowline package. The Driving Assistance Package might make the alpine white the car for me as I love the features it provides. Payment wise, the difference is less than $5 per month. Comfort wise, I do think this is a step down from my Q60 RS and C300, as the center and door armrests are harder. But I understand this car is not in the same class. Performance wise this car delivers. The steering actually reminds me most of my RSX Type-S, agile and precise. I have driven a BMW 330 X Drive, and I still like the M235i better in terms of styling and driving. The M235i feels like a racing go kart on steroids (probably because it's shared MINI platform) and this car stays planted. I love the exhaust note on this car. Sadly, something that was missing from my Q60RS that cost 10K more. I have already been doing my research and with a little tuning the M235i can easily put out another 50HP and 40 pd ft of Torque. I will also throw on some better tires on my second set for better road grip. Making my M235i a little beast.
Its your money, but reconsider throwing away so much $$$ trading in the Q50 RS. 15k neg equity is beyond HUGE. Did you purchase the Q50 or lease? I've rolled over neggity eggity and i've sworn myself to stop that cycle, it only gets worse.... imagine you roll it over into the m235 and you have an accident, payoff on the car will be astronomical and i doubt gap insurance would cover all the neggity eggity (even if you put 5k down) and then you'd be in a real pickle.... or 6 months down the road you fall out of love with the m235i and decide to trade it in, at which point that 10k neggity eggity (if you put down 5k) will become 20k.
Appreciate 0