05-25-2008, 01:22 PM   #10
snck
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB Coupe, DCT, CF Roof, 19"

Quote:
Originally Posted by batchelorc View Post
Good god man. 1 week from order to production? How'd you manage that
LOL, what is really sick is that the production date is actually Monday. Car was already in what they refered to as 112.

The dealer called me back in late March and told me about a production slot for a MDCTcoupe they had available first fo June asked if I wanted it. I had test driven a Manual back in Feb early March but decided to wait for the DCT to come to market. Dealer agreed that was a good choice and told me they would let me know when they started to appear in their allocation. I got so bogged down with work I never could find the time to go to the dealership with the wife to place the order. We finally walked in yesterday afternoon and I asked if the coupe they had called me about a good 6 weeks back had already been spoken for. My jaw hit the floor when they said it was still available and would go into product first part of next week.

So I take it I got extremely lucky based on some of your reactions. To be honest, I had already given in to the fact I was most likely looking at a July if not August production date. Now I am looking at a Mid-Late July delivery .
Appreciate 0