View Single Post
      07-19-2015, 02:00 AM   #4
f82fanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: iX

Sorry man, if he reported it to the policy it doesn't matter if his insurance covers it or not, it goes to the record.

This happened to me a couple of years back, somebody rear ended me with an SUV and fled the scene. I got their tag and put a police report + contacted the other party's insurance. Since the person I saw driving the offending car was a male and it was registered to a female, they replied they would not pay a dime. Since the damage was about as much as my deductible, I paid it myself.

When I sold the car a couple of years later, the hit was on my carfax, regardless of the fact that I paid for the damage out of pocket and the other guy's insurance didn't go through.

This being said, carfax is a wild car, sometimes they add records to the car and sometimes they don't in situations like this one. You certainly have a better chance if the insurance co is not involved.

But I am not sure what you could potentially offer the other party for him to pay cash to fix your car instead of going through his insurance... Why would he accept?
Appreciate 1