02-16-2016, 05:10 PM   #1
naynay
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2006 E92 335i FBO

Review: Spec Smfw

Hi Everyone,

It has been a while since I got my new clutch and flywheel fitted and would like to write a short review regarding the usability of the car.

First and foremost the lightweight flywheel and Exedy clutch combination is great for someone who is on a budget and looking for a cheaper option than the stock flywheel. The most appealing thing to me at the time was that I wouldnt have to replace my flywheel every time i need to change my clutch.

Driving wise the car feels pretty much like stock with the exception that it bite much harder at the beginning but you'll get used to it. After a week it will feel like the stock clutch and fly wheel. Clutch pedal feel will be the same but this will depend on which clutch you get and how hard the pressure plate is. I went with the exedy OEM replacement with the self adjusting clutch.

Flywheel chatter can be heard sometimes. When i say sometimes it means that you either wont hear it at all but if you do it sounds pretty cool. Personally it doesnt annoy me, with the windows up and music turned up to a moderate level you cannot hear the chatter.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks
Appreciate 0