View Single Post
      07-03-2020, 07:41 AM   #42
chpnsus
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x3 m40

Wow! I knew it was a matter of time after seeing BMW try to make CarPlay subscription based but then rolled back their decision on the 2020 x3.

At this point just make the whole car as a service. I'll pay when I need it and when I don't. Hell even get rid of the warranty since it's subscription based. Someone earlier mentioned "welcome to the subscription based economy" and I couldn't agree more we are headed that way. It comes down to companies wanting more money- same reason we are producing more and more in China. The general population is what BMW and other companies care about - not the smaller population of enthusiasts (anyone on this post).

Even if everyone on this site left BMW it wouldn't hurt them. Most people drive these cars for the badge and BMW knows that.

For those of you in the IT world, remember the days you could buy Microsoft Office, install it and be done? Now you have to get a subscription unless you have some enterprise volume. The IT pros know how to get around it but the general population just pays Microsoft.

Sorry for any spelling issues. Holding two toddlers while writing this.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00