2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinconHeat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjs83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinconHeat View Post
If BMW sells cars with all features included and awaiting subscription do you think it will add significant weight to the cars? It seems that we are always looking for ways to shave every kilo and I can't see that manufacturing cars with every option in place will help to achieve that end. Or is BMW just done with making agile, light cars altogether?
I think this is more for tech features, they'll put the cameras and lidars etc in all the cars and then you can pay for autonomous driving, speed trap recognition etc. Maybe upsell a better audio processing system on the speakers and amp you have or even sell you more colors for ambient lighting. I doubt they would think of mechanical things like heated or massaging seats as part of this. Think of how Tesla does it with their autonomous driving.
Not to be argumentative, but wasn't heated/cooled seats one of the examples in discussion?
Yea, I'm just speculating so who knows, it just seems unlikely to me they're gonna put expensive mechanical parts in a car to turn on or off years later. Software on the other hand that relies on relatively inexpensive sensors or infrastructure already in the car is just pure incremental profit.
2019 BMW X5 xdrive40i Mineral White
Appreciate 0