View Single Post
      02-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
skoot3r
BMW n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3/ 2013 GMC 2500hd

Gntani Sport to Race

So in the last month or so I went through 3 muffler set ups. My first was the Dinan mufflers which I had for about 10 months. They were good mufflers but left me wanting more. More as in IN your face look/sound with proven dyno charts with good power gains. So pretty much I have been trolling the forums for days looking, reading, watching videos trying to find a set up that would meet my personal requirements. Then after watching the exhaust compilation video I got to hear the full Gintani set up for the first time and boy was I ing. What sealed the deal was this review on the full system by Nawaaz
I ordered the mufflers and drove down from San Jose to Van Nuys in SoCal to pick them up. But I also got to chill and talk with the owners Alex and Arno as well who were real chill guys. I got to look around the shop and see what crazy things are being developed for our cars. And if there is ever any doubt about the quality of the stuff they produce I can personally assure you they know their s#it. Especially when it comes to making great sounding exhaust systems and supercharger kits.

So to make a very long story short first time around I picked up their Sport mufflers on accident. But these should be good for about 90% of the M3 community. They had little to no drone like the Dinan mufflers but were about 10x louder. Very good build quality. Had the aggressive 90mm tips which filled my challenge diffuser really well.
After calling Alex and talking for a while we set up a date where I can come down again to pick up the Race mufflers but have them install it for me ( the shop that installed my mufflers the first time did a very s#itty job)

The install was very quick. As soon as I got the the shop they put my car on the lift let it cool down for about 15 min then got to wrk. Oh it also was Alex and Arno who personally installed it. No go get some other worker and do it. They work on all the cars that come into their shop. Facts about the Race system good for about 10% of the M3 community. It has some drone at around 2k - 2.5k. 50% louder than the Sport muffer (Alex warned me over the phone that it would be very loud but I assured him I want loud and drone doesn't bother me). This set up is only for people who REALLY want a nice sounding LOUD exhaust set up and don't care for small amounts of drone.
I am also running the Dinan midpipe. Sorry if the story is vague or missing some info I am trying to type this before I have to go to class

List of my future mods from Gintani: Pulley, Tune, Midpipe, Stage 2 Gintani Supercharger

I will post pictures up in a few and videos tomorrow.

Pics taken at Gintani also got pics of their midpipe system with cats

Pictures of my car after I just detail it today

Last edited by skoot3r; 02-17-2010 at 07:23 PM..
Appreciate 0