View Single Post
      04-03-2008, 01:43 PM   #15
Powerman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_Dust View Post
the ability to flash the ECU and gain 84HP and 121tq's is something that is very new to BMW's, the ability to see these gains and retain your full warranty coverage is something that is fairly unique to these new turbo BMW's as well. People have been paying thousands of dollars for aftermarket BMW tuning parts for years that yield little to no gain, there is an exhaust system for the E46 M3 that costs $6000 and will get you maybe 2-5HP on the dyno.

Is Dianan's price hight? Yes, of course it is, all Dinan stuff is a ripoff, especially their N/A tuning. With this product they have their biggest winner ever IMO, the power yields and the warranty coverage will more than justify the price for many BMW owners.
Exactly. I don't want an NA engine at my altitude. All mods are a waste of money. I can go stage 2 on my LGT. Thats a piggy back and a TBE for $2K. I doesn't give me as much as the Dinan reflash and Subaru is not going to cover any problems I might have. Nor will I maintain anything close to resembling a lag free turbo system.

Is Dinan more expensive than others? Yes. Is paying $2K worth the added power and peace of mind? Are you frickin kidding me? In the grand scheme of things, absolutely!

EDIT: Actually, I thought this was the other thread. I would still like to know what anyone thinks about this upgrade and rev matching. Which Dinan version will actually be best for hell/toe.
Appreciate 0