Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9blue View Post
I wouldn't go as far as calling them actually improving the stock ride quality, especially for new low mileage stock shocks. Solid bearing in the camber plates will introduce a bit, but noticeable increase in NVH, and much stiffer spring will make you feel more of the road, even if the damping is less harsh.

Reliability has been a big plus for TC K DA units though. I done a bit of research into these kits before I picked up mine; there are quite a few e46 guys running close to 100k miles with these shocks, and still perform just fine on the track. But I would get them rebuilt a little earlier though, just to be on the safe side.
I'm not a professional driver. Im sure with the right tuning all those options would be more then adequate for my driving. But I'm looking for reliability, longevity (time between rebuilds), better handling then stock, good customer service and the quietest/softest out of the 3 if possible
I think TCK is a good choice. A good low pressure twin tube will retain its damping characteristic longer than a nitrogen filled high pressured monotube.

Go with a softer springs if you want a better DD. I have these kit on E92 with 400lbs/ft front and 700lb/ft rear springs, over poorly paved, wavy highways, it get a little annoying after an hour or so. Wish we have the same quality of roads that I have driven in Germany.
Appreciate 1