Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkf44wa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
BMW Replaced the Head Unit, which never resolved the problem. I eventually lived with the issue for a few months and then they released an OTA update which seemed to rectify the issue.

They then released another OTA update a few months ago, the one currently installed on my system: 11/2020.50 and the issue has not returned but a new gremlin has crept into the system which is the window switches (can only confirm the two front windows) sometimes do not open the windows for a few seconds - which terrifies the daylights out of me should I need to open my windows in an emergency. I've actually resorted to using the voice command "open my window" when this happens.

Not overtly impressed doing this but haven't had the will or energy to fight BMW on this matter, yet...
I've noticed that same window issue as well and just thought I wasn't using enough force on the control. My previous car's window controls were overly sensitive so I'm still used to it. I'll have to check my software version but I think it's 11/2020 something and I tried updating the night I took it home but there wasn't an update available.

Not sure if it's really worth taking in to have them look at it yet though. The dealership I bought from is about 1 hour away, there's a closer one I could try but it doesn't sound like there's a permanent fix yet.

Edit - My iDrive software version is 11/2020.60
It might be worth logging a fault with BMW so they have it on record in the meantime and maybe even mentioning others are experiencing similar faults.

Do you know if there's any newer OTA updates being rolled out soon for our models?
Yeah that's a good shout actually. And I'm not too sure of any new ones coming out.
Appreciate 0