07-03-2014, 10:08 AM   #13
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
It seems I am the only one who cares for Maserati GTS around here -; ) LOL
Ironically next door to this dealership is Jaguar and when I brought up my interest in Test Driving F type R the SA was offended by the comparison of "a Jag" to "a Maserati" and I wished that you were there to give him an over due lesson - Hahahah ... Said some bad stuff about the brand that I won't dare mention here in an ///M forum!!! with the F type R sweeping many guys here off their feet with its new looks especially after Chris Harris review of it - and does look beautiful indeed but didn't test drive it -
LOL what did you expect- a Maserati salesman to push another brand. I can say plenty bad about Jag but only from what I have read and friends who have owned one- so its not ownership so I digress. The F Type R is a gigantic advancement for Jaguar in all sorts of ways.

Anyways here is some food for you; I went to the local Jag dealer again yesterday. Yes I went again to get another test drive so the first one wasn't my only thoughts on the car. Two friends who I know from various car forums were there too to drive the car. These are heavy hitters with one guy owning a 2013 458, 2013 LP 560-4, and an AMS GTR and the other has a 2014 MP4-12C Spyder so they know great cars. They both drove the F Type R and subsequently were trying to source one with the salesman (they didn't want the color that the store had). Mind you, I don't need others to make my decision for me or swing my opinion but these are well respected forum community members (not here since no BMW) and they were impressed.

I still don't know if I want the car that bad though LOL.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0