View Single Post
      08-02-2015, 12:57 AM   #17
Schullz51
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayamFSU View Post
Damn this is awesome. Great 60 ft time btw.... What was the temperature that night?
Temp was very high it was in the afternoon it was about 85 degrees hard to remember since this thread has been revived haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense View Post
Did your dct allow you to do a burnout then use launch control? Everyone keeps saying there is a speed or time requisite before being able to use launch control, but I have tested them all and only found one limitation. That is whacking the throttle to clean off the tires for a few quick spins, stopping, pulling up to the line, then trying to initiate LC. It fails me every time. I've tried it again and again. What is the point of LC if your mpss look like peanut covered candy apples prior to engaging it. Do I need to clean off the tires with a rag prior to using LC, or am I missing something? Cleaning off the tires should be a priority to autocross or drag racing, so why am I having this issue?
Having trouble engaging it? I stabbed throttle in the water box and let it drive up out until the tires hooked. The trick is sometimes if your foot isnt completely off the brake when you go to do your burnout launch control can activate and then you do your burnout which counts as a "launch" and then launch control wont engage for a few minutes and definitely not on that run. Happened to me twice that day. Hope that answers your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaynardZed View Post
Very nice times, even beat the recent motor week time of 11.97 in stock trim. What octane fuel did you have in it?

Makes me want to go back to the strip. I see my local drag strip is having an open night next Friday.
I had 93 octane BP in it its the only fuel I've put in it since coming back from PCD where I used Shell a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M4 PWR View Post
That's monster traps speeds and times if the car is bone stock and in fact on pump fuel*

11.7@119.4 MPH... that's STRONG*
Absolutely bone stock only mods are BMC filters and unplugged valves. Like I said above just BP 93 octane for the life of the car. The trick for my time was that launch control worked perfectly, track must have been very well prepped. The 60 foot was insane and even was better than my old 3rd gen camaro race car on slicks.

2015 BMW M3 F80: 11.780 @ 118.670 MPH
Appreciate 0