View Single Post
      06-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #9
shaq diesel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 Alpine White E90 M3

Just a couple comments...

a) BMW took no responsibility in stepping up to take care of the situation. Yes, they might not be legally obligated but I RELIED on them for picking a trustworthy trucking company

- If you already paid for the vehicle and took delivery in SC, the vehicle is yours and out of BMW ownership. Hence, anything that happens to it is not technically their responsibility. What they did do was given you advise on a good shipping company to use, one in which they had good experience with.

b) they keep saying repaired, repainted part will be better than new...

- That's just random jargon they always say. If you get a good body shop, it will look like it came straight of the factory floor. But you have to find a good shop...

c) they also kept saying after I took delivery, the car is mine... and yet when the car arrived at dealership, they did not inform me until 3-4 days later AFTER they took the car to a bodyshop for an repair estimate without my approval.

- What I find confusing here is why they didn't deliver it to your house? Maybe it's their policy to only ship to dealerships. Did you ask them if there was an extra charge to do residential delivery? The fact the dealer went and got a quote might have been them going above and beyond the call of duty here. It's fishy why they didn't tell you when the car was delivered immediately (or at least for Waggoner's to do so), especially since its not "there" car anymore. But the fact they came forward with a repair plan (that you wouldn't have to cover anything for) shows they didn't just try to brush it under the rug (which could of easily happened).

To be honest, you have a pretty decent situation on your hands as far as this goes. I understand your frustration but whenever you ship anything, there is no absolutely guarantee nothing will happen. THis is why you have to make sure the company is licensed/bonded and has the financial backing to fix any mistakes they make.

If you didn't do PDC and it was going straight from the Prep Center to the dealer and this happened, they'd be offering you the same deal. The only difference is since you wouldn't have paid for it you could just walk away (in which case the dealer would have fixed the damage and sold it as new to someone else...).
Appreciate 0