View Single Post
      06-28-2011, 08:59 PM   #1
astrokoala
Rep
Drives: E92 mineral white

Damaged during trucking from PDC!!

Hi all,

I need your advice, opinion and share with similar experiences if you had one.

I took PDC delivery in SC couple weeks ago and used Waggoners (BMW recommended) to truck my M3 back from SC to CA. Upon receiving the car in SF, they found dents and scratches on the rear quarter panel of the car. The dealership sheds responsibility saying since I took delivery in SC, all responsibility lies between me and Waggoners.

Waggoners offered to cover full repair cost and takes full responsibility of the damage. The repair was estimated to be ~$2200 and since it's on quarter panel, it'll need some body shop work + a repaint. I am obviously not happy and was even more infuriated that,

a) BMW took no responsibility in stepping up to take care of the situation. Yes, they might not be legally obligated but I RELIED on them for picking a trustworthy trucking company
b) they keep saying repaired, repainted part will be better than new...
c) they also kept saying after I took delivery, the car is mine... and yet when the car arrived at dealership, they did not inform me until 3-4 days later AFTER they took the car to a bodyshop for an repair estimate without my approval.

Would you guys ask for a replacement of a new car since repaint is never the same or discount on this car? What other channels can I escalate this to since the BMW dealership I have is not being very helpful at all. They said replacement is impossible for a damage as small as this... what do you think?

thanks.
Appreciate 0