View Single Post
      06-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #13
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

My car has 28K miles too and been through a set of injectors too. Nothing unusual about that in these cars. Its a Sep 07 Build 335i. In addition to that have had 3 HPFPs, 2 new solenoids, a set of Turbos. It wasn't boosting and I was in rattle hell for a while. They went through all the usual replacements found wastegates weren't seating right. New ones went in it still wouldn't hold boost. Discovered the solenoids were bad. BMW decided to replace everything and all is good again. My CCC, IDrive, Most bus, amplifier and Some module all replaced too. Seriously the car is now better than it was when new. It runs much smoother and no crapolla rattling like a bunch of coins in a can.

I am just out of warranty now, and wondering if I should dump it when I get to around 50K miles. Honestly I feel owning one is a blast, but a bad investment all the same, because I can't see the issues ever ending. I had an E46 M3 I sold with barely 9K on it and went to a E46 330ci because that M3 was just endless problems and I got fed up. I had motoring bliss for a while in the 330ci. Only issue was two bad steptronics. First one at 90 miles, and the replacement one at 112K and I had to pay out of pocket for a new one. I swore it was the last BMW for me, but then came the 335i and one drive in it, it was just too much to resist. Crossed my fingures hoped for the best, but it too turned out to be a stealership frequent flier. Love it though, and I got a RAV4 for a reliable vehicle. It has 33K, and never a hiccup, not one. Only oil change and thats it. Now the BMW.... So much for the ultimate driving machine, or is it Joy BMW