View Single Post
      05-22-2011, 01:27 AM   #1
BMXtreme
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E60 535i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
My (not so great) Accutint Seattle SODO experience.....

UPDATE: Almost a month and nothing happened. I've started to believe they have no intention to resolve anything other than brushing me off every time I call. I guess I believed in them too much that got me burned. I'll try to resolve this in another way. I'll update this if they ever resolve my issue. Best of luck to you guys who still wants to do business with these unethical crooks. If you're a fellow MSFT'er, trust me and you'll be better off going with any other low profile tinters that probably do bad tints that they will re-tint instead of damaging your cars..

was pretty bad. I'll see if they would resolve my issue before I come to a conclusion.

After I got my car back, I noticed there is a long cut mark on the B-Pillar, so I was rather pissed and sad, but thought, no point loosing sleep over it and try to live with it.

Then I noticed my right passenger door window had a long scratch, so I thought, "how could these people still put on a scratched film!!", and then schedule a time to get tem to fix their mess.

Before I leave home this morning heading over to Accutint, I did a quick check just to make sure I tell them the scratch part. Guess what, it wasn't the film that is scratched, they pretty much scratched my windows!!! Long scratch across the window. Both edge of the scratch could be felt with my fingers and looks really bad and obvious especially under the sun.

Being a scratch anal person and a previous bad experience with windshield scratch, I've always noticed these stupid things on glasses and body paint. I am 100% sure the scratch wasn't there (of course I wish there's a way to document they weren't there!), including the B-Pillar. I am the only one ever drove the car and only had passengers in the back ONCE. Mind you, there were scratches on 3 windows but the other 2 were small and I can live with it.

So, I brought the car in and met Nick. He took a quick look and immediately disclaim liability. They said there's no way they could put a scratch on the window. He gave me 2 reasons:
1. It was there before - 100% sure it's not since I've inspected that window prior.
2. Someone lean on it and scratch it - maybe, but definitely unlikely since the car has never been to anywhere much except to work and home. My workplace garage spot is a single car spot and so is my home garage.
I also showed them the cut on the B-Pillar and they said it is most probably caused by the seat belt buckle flying back. If the bucket could make a cut on the fabirc, many would be suffering from cut bruises when using their seat belts, but either way I am not as sad as what they did to the window.

Then a tinter show up but I didn't get his name. He said they only user razor blade on windows and not a cutter. I am not sure anyone even know these, but BMW windows are ridiculously soft, I scratched my windshield so bad with only a scotch brite (rough side) sponge and never again I wipe the glasses with anything rough. I can't imagine what a razor blade with extreme sharp edge with pressure would do. Here's a phone picture of one of the scratch which looks like it was caused when they try to cut a curve for the film. I'll get some pictures during the day tomorrow.

By all means, I am not trying to falsely accuse them as I got better stuff to deal with than these but it is obvious they did caused damage to my car. I wasn't against the company but wasn't happy that they choose an amateur part time tinter to work on the car which obviously did not follow all the rules and regulation they put on him/her. To my surprise, Nick said it was the owner himself who tinted my car. I don't believe it, but if that is true, I don't know what to think about them (Autobody360 anybody?). I hope Nick was wrong or just saying that to disclaim liability and to infer that the owner never made any mistake.

So we talked a little bit more, and we try to see if we could polished it out. I would hate to have them replace the window if they could just fix it to a point that it wasn't that obvious. Nick tried polishing them but doesn't seem to help other than cleaning it up abit. Nick finally said they will see if they could do somehing about it and make some calls since the only way to repair is to replace the glass since the scratch can be felt with fingernails. He said even if they will take care of it, it will only be 1/2 the cost for the window replacement. It's already bad I paid good money and drove 30 miles to get them to tint my car based on the seemingly good reviews, there's no way I want to pay for their mistake. I will see what they come back with before I judge them inapproriately. Here's another pic of the other edge

Sorry for the long rant, but I am really disapointed that they try to disclaim liability. Props is the folks are nice, and I hope that's not all of it for Accutint (Autobody360 again??)

Last edited by BMXtreme; 08-27-2011 at 11:23 PM..
Appreciate 0