View Single Post
      03-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #13
Tim B.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 Jet Black E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX View Post
I was worried about approaching my local BMW dealer to mount and balance tires which I didn't purchase from them. I figured they wouldn't want to deal with me since they weren't making any profit off the tires. How did you talk your dealer into mounting tires you didn't buy from them?

Also, I assume the only local guys who can mount an 18 x 265 without scratching the hell out of the rim is the local BMW shop. I'd prefer to have them do the work. I just didn't think they would consider mounting tires they didn't sell me.

Well, i'm on really good terms with my dealer.....bought 2 M3s from them and have been going to them for service for over 10 yrs now. Also, the same tech has been doing work on my car for about 4 yrs now.....he'll put anything on my car i ask him to..........he has done exhaust, mid-pipe, pulleys, tires, cosmetic stuff, etc. I just don't trust any local shops. And yes, a local shop scratched my rims mounting tires before.....i never went back. This is just my experience/opinions though.......others may differ.
Appreciate 0