View Single Post
      11-14-2005, 10:18 AM   #46
garyw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 03' RSX-S

Just like to join in the conversation about UPsolute remaps for the new E90. You can check out some power specs at www.upsolute.ca, but those are rough numbers and will be confirmed again when they are finally released. Also top speed limiter can be removed as well and rev limiter raised if requested.

The E90 uses a Siemens MSV70 ECU where there is no programmer who can tune it through the OBD port, so ECU removal is neccessary for now. We do have a system which basically straps onto the ECU which has read/write function for reprogramming, so no soldering is neccessary. This is a completely new ECU unlike the MS42 and MS43's used in the E46's which is easily tuned through the port. 04-05 BMW's are using MS45 which cannot be tuned through the OBD port and is using the same system which will be tuning the MSV70.

We did tune quite a few of E46's, X5's, and 5 series with good feedback from the customer with good throttle repsonse, fuel mileage improvement and power gain through their own testing. A few of my customers noted on the E46 330 gained roughly 40-60km per tank of fuel. Usually with the optimized fuel and ignition maps for higher octane fuel, it will burn more efficiently as well with power gain. With more power in your car, there will also be less load on the engine as it does not as to work as hard to make it move, so thats why with additional power, usually you can get fuel mileage improvements. However if you drive aggressively, it will use more fuel than the factory program, so it greatly depends on your driving style.

I, myself have a E90 325i as well, so I would be testing the program out on my own car first when it's released before I start working on other cars.

And some clarification on the company, UPsolute. They are based in Austria, not Germany. UPsolute do have the largest dealer network around the work for chiptuning as they do provide tuning programs for almost any european automobile manufacturer which uses Bosch or Siemens ECU in their cars.

Our main market are usually VW and Audi's, but we have worked on alot of Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Volvo's, Smart car as well and some BMW's. We do also get cars from vw, audi, and porsche dealership around Toronto to work on as they provide chiptuning services at the dealership for their customers.

Gary
Appreciate 0