08-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #18
PrimoM3
Chemofski
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joraq View Post
Its an interesting idea for several reasons. Personally, I'm selling my 1 to carmax today. It was a tough decision. In a year to a year and a half I'll be able to buy whatever I want so it will be nice to have alot more freedom. If I had a 10' or 11' I'd be kind of upset though it would be my fault. I'm already a little upset and I have an 2008. There is no way I would've bought my car if I knew a 1M was coming out. And now, the way I see it, is that the car will be mostly the same. Mostly meaning, I don't get 10/10ths out of my 135, so the difference will be somewhat superficial. If I tracked my car or drove aggressively, i.e. unsafely the majority of the time, the 1M would be more desireable. The reality is I don't. I've had extreme performance tires on my car for 18K and they still look good.. What does that say about how I drive??!! lol.. It is all kinda funny.

To me the 1M will be a modified version of my car. Everything inside will mostly be the same.. Different gauges, seats, roof lining and stiffer ride probably won't be enough. It will be faster but its not like my car is a slouch. Maybe after driving my interim 5er it will seem that much better. I don't know.. To me, this car came to late. I think I've moved past the 1 desire after I sell this one. I'll have to see it when it comes out. And to those that think they'll keep it forever, unless your history speaks otherwise, you're probably kidding yourself. I've had to come to grips with the amount of time I keep cars..lol.

It is all a trap I tell you.. lol.. Cars, an expensive hobby..

J.
Some really good points here and I agree on many. Hoping this car turns out to be underpromised and overdelivered, but I've been wrong and burned before. I'm done with my 135i regardless, so it'll be either this or a CPO'd ///M3.

'13 Space Gray/Mugello Red X5///M
Pavement Punisher | Snow Muncher | Family and Board Hauler | Roadtripper
Appreciate 0