01-22-2010, 01:22 AM   #43
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: Gone: E92 M3 Competition Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Night and Day isn't very descriptive really. It can mean different things to different people.

With DSC off is the throttle response 25% / 50% / 75% / 100%?

If it's more than 25% then I would say that DSC is DEFINITELY your problem.

The next question is if your DSC is actually broken or if you just don't like it. The only way to understand that is to drive it back to back with another car.

I've asked a couple of times about the 335i you drove. Just saying it was a waste of time is again not very descriptive.

Did you perceive any similarity with your car in terms if throttle response / DSC intervention? Was it totally different? Was the difference between DSC on and off as pronounced?
I really appreciate the time you are spending on this.

Throttle response is around 50% better with DSC off.

With the back to back car, because it had bad lag problems (software) it was hard to know whether it was that causing the bad throttle response or the bad response was down to DSC intervention.

Turning the DSC on/off made very little difference, but lag may have influenced this.

To do a true back to back, the cars need to be identical, the car provided was the only manual in BMW UK stock at the time, but with the different turbos and software, it was never going to be a true comparison.

The continual varying throttle response really messes with my head, I need to know what I will get when I press it.
Appreciate 0