01-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #22
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
I'll post this response here instead of MBWorld. I'll get run out of town over there if I dare point this out.

When Sticky said he was impressed by, and I'd get walked by 500whp C63, I'm wondering "what's there to be impressed by?" 500whp out of a 6.3L motor is not impressive in the slightest bit. IMO, it's actually very lackluster.

Just look at my own posted dyno charts. 448whp with 4.6L motor. That's 97.39whp per liter. A C63 would need to put out 614whp to be equivalent. As it stands, a 500whp C63 only pumps out 79.36whp/liter. Am I really supposed to be impressed by that, when I've got nearly 20 more whp/liter than the C63?

Seriously, why is that even remotely impressive?
When you put it that way then I think everyone will agree, but both engines will designed differently and for slightly different purposes. I'm sure that Mercedes could have quite easily make their 6.2L produce the kind of hp/L you are making if they wanted.

On the subject, does anyone know of any Merc in your area that's running this engine and producing something along the lines of 600hp without the use of blowers.?
Appreciate 0