mphatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3 SG & FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackbury View Post
What am I missing here?

Sounds like he's a great guy and all, but I paid $1,000 over invoice to buy from my local dealer. When my M3 needs service the dealership gets me in right away, gives me one of their "nicer" BMW loaners and bends over backwards killing me with service.

When the X5 needs service, they send a valet out to the house with a loaner BMW for my wife to drive, then return the X5 to her when it's completed. (I don't have them valet the M3).

If you are spending $60,000-plus on a car, is it really worth giving all that up to save a lousy $1,000? Like I said, I just don't get it.
Don't think you're missing anything. You've made an choice about what $1,000 means to you and how you want to spend it. Other people who may have different priorities make different choices. Why is that so hard to understand? Is it a way of publicizing your wealth that it has to be a "lousy $1,000"? I don't know you so I can't say but I don't get why you would jump into this thread with an off-topic criticism of other's choices.

Maybe some people, like me, are stretching to buy the car they love and $1,000 helps. Maybe some people, like me, get perfectly good maintenance service from my local dealer regardless of whether I bought a car there. Maybe some people, like me, don't need the additional bending over backwards (ego stroking). And maybe some people, like me, just like to get the best possible deal, that is our opinion of the best possible deal. Hope I helped clear things up.
Appreciate 0