View Single Post
      02-24-2009, 08:43 AM   #14
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
are you using pirelli sottozeros as well? cos i am using sotto zeros and when there's lots of snow on the ground, my dsc still goes crazy ... flashing like mad all the time. but its by far the best winter tire in terms of performance... when there isnt much snow on the ground, the large surface contact areas grip the road like mad, esp since i am using a staggered set up.
yup, same tires and setup as you,
in deep snow, its not amazing, but comparable to any rwd german or jag in my opinion.

i wouldnt take the bmw kit either,especially since this setup is working surprisingly well for me.
ive only had trouble once climbing an icy hill, but got up eventually.

all in all, i find it to be surprisingly capable and the dsc to be not so intrusive.

i just thought it was important to make this thread so perspective buyers who live in climates like us dont overlook this great car just cause its a rwd rocket and they half snow/ice have the year.
i also wanted to post it, cause on cars like the m3 the best deals tend to be in the winter, at least where i live, so i would definitely pickup any leftover 08 in the middle of winter and throw some pirellis on it and drive into the snow.
Appreciate 0