04-28-2008, 08:16 AM   #5
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

'Angel Wings' - Rear PDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivid View Post
I ordered just the rear... I did not see an option for it on the front of the car... But there again, I can see the front of the car just fine and only really wanted the rear.
The rear of this car makes it a little difficult to see what is behind you.

You can use PDC and the rear view mirror to back in close to a wall. Look for the 'angel wings' in the rear view mirror - the pattern of the backup lights reflecting on the wall. When you see the 'angel wings' crossover and disappear uner the trunk lid - then you are about 2 inches away from the wall.

Of course, that depends on your seat height and relative position of your eyes to the mirror, but for my situation that is how it works. By the way, if you are tight up against a wall, be careful opening the trunk lid, as the lip will scrape against the wall as it opens. The geometry of the trunk lid opening causes the lip to slightly exceed the rear bumper by about a half inch or so.

1983 E21 Delphin, M10, 5 speed, LSD, MSW wheels, recaro seats, Hartge strut brace, rear sway bar.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0