05-10-2024, 04:16 PM   #23876
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4.4L M3, IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
I don’t know why this thought hasn’t occurred to me yet, but is there any hope for taking out the rear quarter glass and rear window without breaking it?
If it’s just gunna break I might as well bash it with a hammer to remove it.
rear quarter, open your door and literally pull the trim to the front of your car and it will unlock and slide off. then just remove the rest of the trim that goes from the back of the rear quarter and over to the roof to the front, it's all one long piece...just pull on it.

once you get the trim off you can literally take a razer and scrape the glue off the back of the rear window and take it off.

rear glass, remove trim. use razor blade to scrap underneath the glass to loosen glue, take a pry tool and lift the window up, and make your own little tool by 2 cylindered pieces of wood (what ever gives you a good grip) and a loooooooooooooooooong fishing line, probably something like 15lb test line.. and insert it thru the gap between the rear glass and chassis, and on inside of the car, you just have to have someone help you "saw" thru the glue.. this should help remove it with out breaking the glass.

Last edited by omgzirra_exe; 05-10-2024 at 04:22 PM..
Appreciate 0