tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX_M340i View Post
Sadly with this promotion I cannot add or subtract any options. So no adative M suspension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX_M340i View Post
***UPDATE***

Order placed on May 6th! Got a super early build slot, car should be here in September!
You are in Dallas. You don’t need xDrive. BMWs are designed to be rwd cars. Get RWD. I owned an xDrive M340i without the adaptive suspension and I would not do that again. This is the first time a 3er has had the sport suspension available in conjunction with xDrive and my theory is the xDrive/static 704 sport suspension don’t work well together. I think xDrive makes the suspension too harsh. I can’t say this with absolute certainty. It’s just my theory. I have owned four 3ers, an E46, E90, and two F30s that were all rwd with the standard, static sport suspension and I never had a problem with feeling like it was too firm or harsh. I was shocked when I felt that way about the G20 xDrive with the static sport suspension. I immediately thought it was too harsh.

I have driven rwd 3ers in Chicago for over twelve years. I use a dedicated set of wheels and winter tires and I do better than the awd cars with all season tires.

If you decide to stick with xDrive, be sure to get the staggered, performance tires if you want to have the 155 mph increased speed limiter. If you get the square, all season tire setup you will get the lower 130 mph speed limiter.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!