05-05-2024, 09:46 AM   #20
jaylazy2020
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
lol - the brake dust from ANY BMW is horrible but, yes, it’s horrible^3 on M models. My HRE R101LW wheels have a dark brushed clear finish and, before I switched to an Essex/AP Racing brake kit, they’d be covered in brake dust after a 20 min drive Out f22 m240ix and g20 330ix with M performance packages produce just as much brake dust as the f82 with stock brakes.

So you have a f87 M2C 2NH brake setup on your car? The iron rotors are massive on that kit and, sadly, they don’t work great on the track. They have the rotor OD, rotor thickness, pad radial depth and size, and the mass to absorb a huge amount of energy yet they’re a let down on track!

You’ll probably notice a small difference when cornering and braking. If I had a CCB brake kit, I’d probably take the chance and order a set of Triton Motorsport CCB/CCM rotors and pads. The stacking of pre-cured continuous fiber sheets to form a brake rotor does sound like it’ll be more resistant to damage and increase performance because their strength and stiffness are orthotropic (different strength and stiffness in different directions). Plus the ability to service them three times before needing to be replaced is appealing.

So what is this new noise you hear? Does it do it if you’re moving forward and reverse or just forward? Does it do it with hot and cold brakes or just cold or just hot? Have you changed anything else in the past 1k miles?
It’s just a small clunking sound when going over bumps.

I’d love to know how to inspect it properly when jacking up the wheel and then checking the wheel bearing for play.

On Irish and Uk roads the left front wheel bearing always goes first as the majority of pot holes are beside the ditches and grass at the edge of our terrible roads

My only thought that it may be connected to the brakes is that yeah are so heavy
Appreciate 0