05-05-2024, 08:30 AM   #18
jaylazy2020
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
Without tracking, the CCBs will probably last you until you hit 150k miles! One downside to CCBs is if you’re driving in rainy cold weather then the CCBs lose their initial bite and high braking capability. They’ll be great in the mountains and on miles of twisty roads.

Forget to mention, Triton also offers CCB/CCM brake for the blue iron brake setups - 380x30 and 370x24. Seems like they’d be a heat management problem because BMW determined they required 400 mm front rotors and 380 mm rear rotors as well as thicker front and rear rotors.
Cheers.

I’ve developed a small clunk from what I think is the right front over last 1000 miles.

My car was in with Bmw on the ramp for a gearbox oil change until they realised they hadn’t ordered the second filter

I asked to inspect the suspension and found nothing.

I’m running 763 original CS wheels. 19 inch front definitely give better ride quality but I can’t help but think that since I swapped standard 4 pot to 6 pot with 400mm steels(which are so heavy) it may have contributed to it.

So upgrading to CCB would ideal for me in terms of weight saving and no brake dust as the brake dust from the 2NH kit is the worst I’ve ever seen!
Appreciate 0