View Single Post
      05-04-2024, 12:50 PM   #20
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat18 View Post
Question about the military incentive and seeing if others have dealt with this.

I ordered a MY 25 M60i and will pick up on Monday. I was planning on using the military incentive which is $4k off.

The fine print on the military incentives tells you that you can't get the $4k off if you go with BMW financial on a special interest rate - that's fine, they say that in the program details (the M60i doesn't currently have an advertised special rate).

What they don't tell you is that if you want the $4k off while going with BMWFS, they jack the rate up to over 7%. Basically covers the cost of the incentive for BMW.

Yes, I can go with Navy Federal at 5.29% and get the $4k off but I have a $6k credit from BMWFS for my last car which was a lease and was totalled by a hail storm. So, still makes monetary sense to take the 7.05% but the program is very deceptive.

I'm going to get the car - not backing out. This will be my 6th BMW and love the cars. Also really don't care about the money just a bit miffed of how deceptive they are being. A BMW was a reach for me at one point in my life - and this incentive would have been great 20 years ago. Now I'm fortunate it's not a reach but just trying to help others out.
You are getting bad information from your dealer. There is no way to get the $4k off when going with BMWFS. What your dealer is doing is showing your loan to a third party.

Edit: I take that back. They added wording to the web site to cover that. Previous to that any loan dropped it down to $500.
Attached Images

Last edited by TurtleBoy; 05-04-2024 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 0