View Single Post
      05-01-2024, 09:28 PM   #55
Kenneykickin
///Kenney
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i / 06 330xi

Ok got the bolt threaded in correctly now in steering shaft. Got everything else put back togsther just got thread in the engine mount bolts and subframe. I’m having a hard time finagling the engine mount bolts into the holes, I’m like a 1/4 inch away from jt lining up. I’ve beat it with a hammer tried differnt lifting points on my jack and can’t get that perfect spot. Going to keep playing with it. I do know the subframe has the dowls that you can line it up perfect which I tried to do that too which went well but seems you have to install the engine mount threads first cause they weren’t lined up after doing subframe first either.

Edit;

Got engine mount and sub frame bolts all lined up and in. Went in smooth. Cleaned threads before, sway bar, Power steering pump on. Got dark on me so all I have left now to throw on is the brace bar underneath (6 bolts) the fan assembly, the coolant line that connects to subframe & and the belt. Threw the wheels back on tonight as well.

Maybe like 20 minutes left tomorrow and than throw oil in. ( should have maybe thrown the oil in before complete reassembly, but hey.. oh well feel a lot more confident if I ever have to do this job again or help a friend)

I do have 2 coolant leaks I do still need to address, one is the coolant hose that connects to the transmission cooler or whatever it’s called that connects to the bottom radiator to the cooler that bolts onto the fan assembly. Then a possible water pump or I’m thinkings it’s the U-hose that’s leaking. Probaly should have done it with subframe off but meh I didn’t want get ahead of myself doing 2 big jobs at once.

Again, I am forever grateful for everyone that chimed in during my adventure tackling this job. I wouldn’t have been able to do it with the help of you great folks of E90 forums. If I could buy you all dinner, I would.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Kenneykickin; 05-01-2024 at 11:38 PM..
Appreciate 2