Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C (DCT) - Sunset Orange

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSH_ View Post
Thats why i said...."I will add to the crankhub discussion just one datapoint."
I'm not saying this guy was the guru of crankhub slip knowledge, but he is one source of data seeing BMW's every single day.
I was just pointing out that I'd value independent shops over dealership service centers on this topic specifically, because they're far less likely to see failed crank hubs at the dealer. Since they are not allowed to install non-OEM equipment on the car, most people with a crank hub failure would take it to somewhere that offers a pinned solution rather than reinstall a stock one with a flawed design (unless it's under warranty).

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87 Mew2 View Post
That's fair. There's always that risk I suppose. Do you mind me asking what kind of tune you have?
BM3 Stage 2 OTS, high flow DPs (400 cell), intake, exhaust. Should be at ~500wHP. I have a BM3 flex fuel kit that I'm going to install soon, which should bump the power to ~550wHP on E30. Maybe in the distant future I'll do hybrid turbos if I can justify the cost. Don't think I'll go further as I want to keep this a street car and anything past that point will start requiring upgraded fueling and building the engine.

Last edited by jayee88; 04-29-2024 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 1
MSH_136.50