View Single Post
      04-29-2024, 09:28 AM   #9
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
I think the only place Sainz will be willing to take a 1 year contract at a lower price is Red Bull but he has to consider the fact that in the best case scenario where Ferrari and McLaren start to screw up their development at some point this year, he can only achieve P2 in the drivers championship. There's no way Sainz thinks he can beat Max. RB will end up with Lawson at some point I think.

I don't see Sainz taking a 1 year at Mercedes. He's going to drop his stock value for a team that won't be competitive.

Audi will be his best financial move, most likely.

If Ferrari and McLaren keep improving, next years constructors will not be so easy for RB. Both of those teams are stacked with talent and without throwing any shade at Checo because he is a good driver, he's just not as good as Lec, Ham, Nor, Pia
I agree with you. I dont think Ferrari will develop that well...I expect that their basic and simple architecture was a good base but I have a feeling they are going to end up not understanding how to get more out of the car and likely end up with a smaller window and as they try to add performance will go back to eating tires. Mclaren will be wishy washy as they always are and I do expect MB to develop a bit as despite how bad Ham is driving, Rus seems to be getting a lot from it. He was neck and neck with Fer last race.
I think RB set themselves up for a higher ceiling in the RB20 while everyone else is working to what the peak of the RB19 was and will not be able to keep up as RB adds upgrades and certainly when 2025 is essentially the same cars.
I also hope they push back the 2026 regs for 1 or 2 more years.

Per is driving as well as he ever has - let's also not forget how many times Ham has struggled to get past Per. I think his mindset has done wonders for him knowing he can't beat Max but should strive for #2.
Appreciate 3
NYG11585.50
M5Rick66344.00