View Single Post
      04-23-2024, 01:17 PM   #32
supershaft
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 992 GT3, Cayenne Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Mamba, I will say this: If you love driving, a pure driving enthusiast, I would rent a GT3 for a day, or even a few hours, just to experience it. No need to own a GT3, but the experience is priceless.

I'm going to rent a Ferrari 812 one day, for like a day or 2, and I will drive it like I stole it. And then I'll happily give it back. I did that in a 458 Spider, had it for 4 days, and was worth every penny. And I was happy to give it back and not have to deal with owning it.

But I love driving, not just the experience of being in an expensive car. So it's worth it to me, oftentimes beyond owning these cars, which come with a lot of worry and headaches.

Just a thought... For me, it's $2,000 to $3,000 well spent, because the 458 experience was priceless. The 812 will be too (V12 Ferrari FTW!). A GT3, I could see owning, because I can beat on it and it holds up pretty well...but not at $250k, like you, it's just too much. I will hopefully find something between $175k and $200k. Even then, is the GT3 experience worth twice the price of a loaded M4? Debatable, especially if you're not tracking it.
At 250k that’s pretty much a loaded car at msrp . And even if you look at recent bat sales the cars are starting to come down in price save for paint to sample, manuals, and tourings.

Additionally, the gt3 at around 250k even with markups is precisely why it’s flying off the shelves, ignoring Porsche artificially limiting the market but that’s my opinion.

Honestly most bmw owners are too cheap to consider a 911 and that’s certainly fair I’m not going to argue that but there’s a reason for mile long wait lists and the secondary market still over msrp because the next level up from a gt3 are cars close to half a million or more (think 765LT and huracan sto). At that point it’s an investment and not something you can drive even occasionally

My own gt3 has 16k miles and several track days. I paid for the whole car I’m gonna use all of it. I’ve successfully converted two of my friends into Porsche fanatics one of which bought his own 991.2 gt3 and the other is saving up. These guys like me were long time bmw owners

I’ve said it before but if bmw could make a mid or rear engine car they would eat Porsches lunch and I’m all for it
Appreciate 1
KevinGS3383.00