04-19-2024, 07:47 PM   #19
gunnerxq
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 "325i"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrydr310 View Post
That doesn't look burnt, looks like it chipped off, likely NOT caused by a fueling issue. Did you find the piece that chipped off? Maybe some metal did get in there and the valve closed on it. Did you check your DISA valves to make sure one didn't come apart?

I wouldn't be in a rush to get rid of the car just yet. N52 heads are dirt cheap and can be replaced over a weekend if you're mechanically inclined. If not labor isn't even too bad. I'd rather pay to have a head replaced on a manual E90 than trade it for any F30 or later.
I never found the chipped off piece, probably came out the exhaust or fell to the bottom of oil pan. Haven't checked the disa valves yet but I have a feeling that one of them went.

I was thinking f30 340i manual but lci with adaptive suspension. But the market is ridiculous.

And you said n52 heads are cheap? I'm guessing a used one off of ebay? So possibly a hit or miss?

And labor wise it's similar to a valve guide seals replacement or more complicated. Because that's 3-5k job. I had my valve guides done about a year ago.

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks!

Almost forgot, the car still burnt a lot of oil after the valve guide seals were replaced. So maybe it's the rings around the pistons as well?
Koni special active red, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit. Silicon intake pipe. M3 control arms front, M3 rear. ECS trailing arm with whiteline bushings. Purple powerflex subframe bushings. Yellow power flex upper shock mounts. Single mass flywheel OE weight.

Last edited by gunnerxq; 04-19-2024 at 08:26 PM..
Appreciate 0