View Single Post
      04-12-2024, 01:28 AM   #1
sebapce
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Cold start interruption

Hello,

I have a problem with cold start for which I may have found solution. Right now my F30 335i (catless downpipe + resonator delete, today I'm going to bring back the resonator) is very very loud on cold start. For me this is not a big deal apart from the fact, that is sounds like a tractor or something. But I live in a peaceful neighbourhood so that just doesn't feel right.

Yesterday I noticed that i can kinda "cancel" the cold start by pressing the throttle a little bit and hold it like that. The car goes silent and I think even the rpm's go a little bit lower.

So my question is - is it safe for the car if I do this "trick" to interrupt the cold start?

Adding a little bit throttle feels very strange and uncomfortable when I do this right after the engine starts. But the press is really small, basically when the car recognizes that the throttle is indeed pressed i stop and hold it like that. And from what I can notice - this method puts significantly smaller amount of load onto the engine which even may be beneficial (since cold start is about cats anyway, and I don't have cat)
Appreciate 0