View Single Post
      04-11-2024, 08:55 AM   #12
barbuse
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
^^^ Agreed. I'd also go w/t he first kit. The other has a bit of ceramic added and that's OK but I'd rather keep that as a separate thing, filed under "wax" even though it's not wax, that being more of a generic term nowadays.

If the clay doesn't do it, I'd go to a liquid polish, something with a tiny bit of fine abrasive in it.

The clay isn't a waste of money, you could go over the whole car with it at a later time. The polish is fairly specific so buy as little as you can, if it gets to that point. And I guess you could also just jump straight to it, the really fine polishes won't leave scratches behind.

The clay should clean the surface of the paint, specifically the clear coat. The polish will begin to slowly remove the clear coat, hopefully taking the stain with it. So you don't want to over-do this one.
Thanks for your suggestions.
However, as stated in my first post, I already tried liquid polish at a local shop. It helped a little bit but the guy there suggested not over doing it otherwise it would be more visible than the actual stains.
So is it even worth trying the clay?

As for the sealant/protective layer, would that be good? https://www.meguiars.com/index.php/a...n-easy-use-wax
Appreciate 0