View Single Post
      04-11-2024, 04:42 AM   #11
captain slowly
I like turtles!
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooM2 View Post
well unless he got it PPI at bmw and asked them to let em know if warranty was still intact, apparently they had voided it already. But of course woulda shoulda coulda.

Although I do agree that technically this is not BMWs fault, he bought it used from a non bmw dealer so they are off the hook but sometimes you want to do a good faith repair, I think in the end would be better for them. Even if they are not going to offer him a new engine + labour, at least pay for the labor or something like that. They now lost a client so in the long run they will loose more than gain by not trying to help
I'm not saying you're wrong, but, it's a slippery slope if you are the manufacturer. Where do you draw the line with good will repairs on cars that were operated outside design specs? Also, let's be honest here, and I'll speak for myself but I'm sure it applies to others here, as a car enthusiast I have pretty much 0 brand loyalty as I want to try all the cool cars. What is the value of a client (in the OP's case) who buys your product used?
Appreciate 1
MooMooM21845.00