View Single Post
      03-15-2024, 07:04 AM   #56
Krummelz
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP

Just found this thread after my F80 started doing the same thing. It's a DCT. I've had the car about a year now, and only had this happen to me three times, every time on the same stretch of road.

On my way home, doing a 2nd gear pull, shift to 3rd and hit the brakes before turning into my street. (I do this regularly.) I'm not at the limiter when I change gears, but as soon as I shift into 3rd and hit the brakes to slow down, it's like the accelerator gets stuck and the car revs out to redline hitting the limiter for like 2-3 seconds before calming down. The funny thing is, I can see it shows the car is in 3rd gear on the dash, but it's as if the clutch is not engaged while this is happening, so it's not a runaway situation. I am able to slow the car down normally and the accelerator lets off by itself without me doing anything else.

I have had other instances where I do this, but it does feel like the car keeps on going by itself and I have to really mash the brakes to have it slow down. Also on the same stretch of road.

No error codes show up. The dealer can't find anything wrong. The car is stock standard.

The dealer did point out that I had non-BMW Micheline's on the back (no star symbol present) even though they are the same size, and the fronts are a bit worn and almost ready to be replaced. The workshop manager reckons it could be wheel speed differences or something between the front and rear tires with the fronts being worn. Doesn't add up to me.

Anyone happen find any resolution to this yet?
Appreciate 0