View Single Post
      02-23-2024, 08:11 PM   #10
Tman97
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW m340i portimao blue

I've had three separate vehicles ceramic coated now and it's worth it to me, but I also take care of the finish. My ceramic coated cars never go through an automatic car wash. I wash them by hand in the driveway if weather permits or via rinseless wash in the garage. You do not need to wash a ceramic coated vehicle every week. You do need to decontaminate the coating on occasion. For me that is two times a year as my vehicles are always garaged. You'll also want to keep up on any maintenance of the coating. For some that is applying a spray-on topper over the coating or a conditioner which revives the coating's properties. A vehicle with a properly applied coating will outshine anything straight off the assembly line.

As others have said, don't get anything sold by the dealership. Go to a reputable detailer that specializes in paint correction and ceramic coatings. Keep in a brand new vehicle will still need some paint correction before application of a ceramic coating for it to look as good as it can. I picked up my new G20 from the dealer the day after it was delivered and it went to my detailer 2 weeks later and the paint was nowhere near perfect until he worked on it.
Appreciate 0