08-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #8
GT3 Tim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB E63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by laicosmo View Post
GT3 Tim

Do you think you can post pictures of the wires that you use for Power and Ground for the V1, I'm a Newbie at DIY, and with someone like you with expereince it will help me not to blow up my Car just becasue of installing a Radar Detector, Thanks a lot for you help.
I took some pics but they looks like shit and you can't really tell much from them.

When you pull out the light assembly, you will see several connectors connected to it. On one of the outtermost connectors, it is a two wire one. The opposite side is a multi-wire connector. NEXT to the two-wire is a block with about 8-9 wires in it. This is the one that has the green wire with white stripe. THAT is the switched lead you need to tap into for power.

In about the middle of the assembly is a large brown wire, all by itself. This is the gorund wire for the assembly. Tap into that wire for your ground.

Simple as that. I could see no other green wire with white stripe in any of the connectors, so I don't think you can mess it up! If it does not work, try a test light and check you leads.
2008 E90 M3 -- Sold
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
Appreciate 0