02-22-2024, 09:45 PM   #1
jkho
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Black MY09 E82 125i Coupe

Angel Eyes (AE) recommendation? H8

Hey Fellas,
Just want to preface this, total newbie to ANY sort of modding; but did some reading & research on the Forums

One of my HID Xenons (Passenger side AUS) on my E82 MY09 died recently and I managed to pick up Phillips X-tremevision Plus 150% (4800k, Purple box one, D1S) for (I think) an awesome price at AUD$172 for the pair.

Figured I might as well venture into changing the AE too and finally get rid of the stock yellow Daytime running lamps (DRLs)

Do you guys have the latest recommendations for updating the AE's?

Looking for something:
  • AUS road legal
  • Pretty much plug & play (no cutting/drilling/soldering, but happy to add some double sided 3M tape to stick on a ballast though )
  • Slightly more Blue tinge (Rice! haha) colored, compared to the Xenons above. (so real ~5500/6000k?)

Read some old posts and they mentioned some budget (but good bang for buck) straight halogen replacements:
  • GP Thunder "7500k"
  • GP Thunder "8500k"
  • MTEC Super White "4350k" (Maybe not "blue" enough)
  • MTEC Cosmos Blue "4750k" (one of the websites say 'Product not approved on open roads'... does this count for AE/DRLs ??)
  • PIAA Precious White "4800k"
  • PIAA Hyper Arros "5000k"
  • Something a bit more 'premium' from Osram or Phillips?

Or is it worth looking into some budget or even pricier LEDs options?
  • MTEC (6000k)
  • LUX (LUX H8 V6 Adjustable vs LUX H8 189)

Love to hear your thoughts!

PS> Looking forward to struggling with the cover (hoses in the way and the b1tch clip?) and cutting my hands in those tight spaces

Last edited by jkho; 03-03-2024 at 05:18 AM.. Reason: Wording updates
Appreciate 0