View Single Post
      02-16-2024, 12:36 AM   #1
Haruman
Rep
Drives: M340i LCI (G20)

Is ceramic coating worth it?

Hi my fellow Bimmer friends, I want to hear your honest thoughts on ceramic coating.

I'm picking up a new M340i LCI - Tanzanite Blue paint next month and want to see if ceramic coating will be worth the money.

The dealer is trying to sell me this whole interior + exterior ceramic coating package for $2500 and I heard that it's much cheaper and better to get this from the independent detailer so I'll probably say no to this. They are also trying to sell me this 'schmick' program for $1400 for 5 years that will fix all vehicle's scratches and chips for $50 each time? Has anyone bought this from the dealership?

Anyway, my question to you guys is that is "Is ceramic coating really worth it?".

Independent detailers have quoted me around $1200-1600 and I heard some mixed stories about ceramic coating - some say it's great and will keep car looking new and shiny for years while some also say that it's a total waste of money if I don't wash my car once a week and apply the maintenance coating sailant each time, which sounds like a big hassle.

I don't think I'll have time to wash my car once a week - it will most likely be once or twice (max) a month at a touchless self-carwash bay around my area.

Any feedbacks or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I'm not considering PPF because I simply cannot afford it (they are quoting me $6-8k lol)
Appreciate 0