View Single Post
      01-16-2024, 08:51 AM   #76
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMOS Racing View Post
That's pretty much my feeling, too. Am I being a few mph optimistic? Possibly.

Dispensing with my ill-advised speculation and bench racing - even with my experience, I'm still guilty of "what if", so I charged the Dragy last night and will see if an opportunity presents itself.

What I can tell you is this thing pulls so much harder at the top of 2nd and 3rd gear compared to stock that I get a great head rush. Between the RPMs, the thrust, and the manual transmission, it's more of a rush than I get from my big power vehicles - they have the acceleration, but "both hands on the wheel, mat it, let the fat tires work, and watch the tach bang at 6000 rpms" is pretty boring in comparison.

An open interstate entrance ramp is a moment of exuberance. I drive more carefully on my favorite backroads because of the way the car will accelerate now. I've had a few "Oooops, that was a bit much!" moments approaching turns. The tune has really cemented my love for the car.
Stage 2 tuned S55's are the perfect, borderline excessive street cars. I am not sure why anyone would need more power.