View Single Post
      01-15-2024, 08:42 PM   #72
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMOS Racing View Post
Six months in and I'm still completely thrilled with the Enabled tune. I look for opportunities on every drive to unleash 2nd and 3rd gear, driving out of the way if I need to. In the cooler temperatures, it'll scrabble for traction in 3rd once the boost hits.

I had hoped to get some quarter mile runs in, but the event I had signed up for was canceled due to weather. I have a Dragy, but, frankly, finding enough straight/flat road around here where I feel safe uncorking what I'm guessing is a upper half of the 120 mph range car isn't easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain slowly View Post
I have and love Enabled's tune as well, but you're not trapping upper 120s with just that. If you trap 115mph, I'd call it a win
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
The stock car traps 114-116 (at least in a magazine test), so I would expect at least upper 1-1-teens IRL?

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-drive-review/
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMOS Racing View Post
I have two high 10 sec, 130 mph vehicles. I feel pretty confident I would've trapped over 115 when I got it (AA exhaust, front mount upgrade - it's my understanding those things don't really make much power difference due to the way the ECU manages the torque). I don't think the M2C has quite the sauce as the other two, it's hard to tell given those two are automatic transmission torque monsters, but it's absolutely not 15 mph (or even 10) behind.

I really wish I would've done before and after. I may have to stick the stock ECU back in when it warms up and do some back-to-back Dragy runs to quantify the actual difference. I miss the days when I lived 5 miles from the drag strip.
I think it is fair to say that if the M2cs traps in the high teens and the tune from Enabled makes about 60hp more to the wheels that a low 120 trap is likely.