View Single Post
      11-19-2023, 12:47 PM   #479
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
Case and point! We don’t need another cycle like this. It’s no fun to watch.
If we get a cycle like this, it'll be on equal grounds/resources for the teams.

In the MERC domination era, MERC had well over half a billion to spend every year on producing a car, whereas others were on budgets sub 100 million.
If that had continued, looking at how big F1 has become in the last 3 or 4 years, that half a billion would now have been 1 and a half billion or some ridiculous number.
Now, every team has that 145 million (or whatever it was this year), and every team has afaik managed to come up with that money for development.
So if a team dominates now, it's because they're doing a better job with the same money. Their performance is actually better.
If you don't want antother cycle where the base starting point for all teams is more or less the same, then you're not watching it for the sport.
You're watching it because you want to see spectacle.
But looking at how the races are organized in the US (especially this event) that might be very much a 'murica thing.

I think the battle that we saw today has only been possible due to the cost cap. RB has stopped developing the car halfway during the season to focus on next year. Ferrari obviously hasn't. That's a strategy call. Wheter or not that's wise can only be seen in 1 or 2 years, but if the ridiculous budgets still had been the order of the day, obviously RB kept developing the RB19, and their dominance would've only been even bigger. And the next year too.
Now, their dominance is not because they have the most money, but because the have the best people, doing the best job, with the same means as any other team.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 4
OG Shark4773.00
M5Rick61799.50