View Single Post
      10-26-2023, 01:42 PM   #5
nicholasn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Coupe, '09 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Akio Toyoda saw the writing on the wall years ago and I 100% agree with him. Finally the European automakers are waking up to "all in" EV debacle and the US automakers are catching on too.

I'm more of a liberal leaning person and of all things, an environmental consultant, and even I am extremely bothered by the idealism of the US and EU governments and environmental groups to force this EV BS onto the public. I'm very glad the EV reckoning happened much quicker than I figured it would. It's not realistic, is largely a farce, and is not obtainable. Protecting the environment should be paramount for government, business, and private individuals, but all this dumping your eggs into one basket is mind boggling and dumb. But sadly, not surprising.
I've heard it said that EVs are not being pushed the save the planet, they're being pushed to save the auto industry.

Investing in more sustainable methods of transportation and development will be much more impactful than pretending to care about the environment by shoving EVs down everyone's throats. Younger generations are increasingly preferring to live in urban areas where they can walk/bike/Uber around to their destinations, and are generally uninterested in cars. Also a lot of growing evidence pointing to the downsides of car-based lifestyles especially if that comes on top of sitting at a desk all day.

And besides. Whether you're driving an ICE or electric car, having to battle traffic everywhere you go sucks. But for most, driving is the ONLY feasible way to get anywhere.
Appreciate 1
chassis6690.50