07-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #14
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
I'd think twice about a move to Ontario. I would not live in the Inland Empire for any reason. It's incredibly hot and smoggy. The wind pattern is from the west, therefore all the crap from the LA basin flows over to Ontario. The air has a metallic taste. I used to have to go there twice a week for three months to work on a project, and I couldn't believe how bad it was.

I'd consider living in Pasadena (esp South Pasadena) and commuting to Ontario. You can take Metrolink. Or, perhaps up in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mtns. But you'll still be stuck with bad air.

Ontario has very little personality and (like a lot of SoCal) is just one mall and freeway after another. Sorry, but it's not a place I'd go out of choice.

San Diego is far from Ontario. Don't forget the freeways are jammed and any drive will take up plenty of time, stress and aggravation. You'll rarely get to the beach if you live in Ontario.

I personally wouldn't give up Princeton NJ for Ontario CA.
Thanks for the update. This is what I am working out right now, if I would have to actually go to Ontario often. I am not sure about that yet because like many positions on the revenue side of our business we work out of our houses. We have to be resonably close to the target area but may not have to go there often.

I just never heard of Ontario so before I even gave to much interest to the offer I wanted to do my realestate homework.

If they come back and say that I will be traveling the west coast on projects (flying instead of driving which happens) I will probably move to San Diego.

Its all very new and up in the air, but I had always thought about a move to Cali if a decent enough offer came my way.