View Single Post
      06-13-2023, 11:22 AM   #1
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

Took my wife's Mazda in for an oil change and they vacuumed out the oil from the dipstick, which I'd never seen before. All other times it was a typical gravity drain. Don't guess it would work for our cars since we don't have a dipstick shaft. They vacuumed out about 5.3 qts when the capacity is only 4.5. I asked why it was over capacity and they asked who filled it last and I replied "you did". LOL

The level on the dipstick always showed right at the full mark, so I never had any indication it was over capacity. Obviously not all was drained and they simply add the required 4.5 qts back in. Now it makes me wonder about the M240i and whether the electronic measurement would show us if it was over capacity, or does the green bar max out at the full mark? With the ZTK package having an additional oil cooler it also makes me wonder how much oil is not being drained.

Just an observation and something to keep in mind if you do your own oil changes on the M240i, like I do. Ours calls for 6.9 qts, and I've always added 6.75 qts just to make sure I don't overfill. Now I may change my routine to 6.5 qts and see what that registers on the electronic measurement.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
stvward134.50