06-08-2023, 08:21 AM   #6
Fireball5657
German Car Caregiver
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 535i M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Morrin View Post
What are the differences between the European Pre-LCI Bi-Xenon and the US market Pre-LCI Bi-xenon? Just having gotten back from Ireland I noticed that both Pre LCI and LCI lights have clear turn signal plastic. The bulbs are likely yellow.

What is the situation between adaptive (ights turn with the wheels) and non-adaptive Bi-xenon lights in the EU market? The lights are not the same and there is some additional hardware, sensors, and tuning required.

Where are you looking to purchase your EU lights?
To the best of my knowledge, the clear vs orange reflectors is the biggest difference between the Euro and US xenons. As far as the adaptive functionalities go, they can be coded out and the projectors can be set to somewhat of a "default" mode. The errors can also be coded out, which should make them almost direct drop in replacements without having to add level sensors and steering angle sensors and such.

I used to have an LCI E92 with adaptive xenons; they were cool, but the adaptive functions were more of a party trick than anything for me. I'm mostly interested in getting the better looking assemblies and the brighter/crisper light you get from a xenon projector.
Appreciate 0