Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
just general comments. I prefer DSC off totally. but I advise beginners to drive with it on. we saw a large number of beginners crash e46 M3's as they couldnt control thier right foot with DSC off. for beginners DSC often kicks in because they are not smooth or not patient with the throttle. If you are advanced then any drifting or slipping confuses the computer into thinking you are crashing. also banking alone can kick DSC in.

I'll be tracking mine the first time in a few weeks. and will try MDM first and then likely turn it all off.
What group do you run in, as you mention you exclusively attend BMW CCA events? A,B,C or D?

It think the point is, it’s not black and white. You can be at a skill level where your track speed produces intended drifting, slipping, and the type of braking that confuses the comp; while still not being entirely confident on turning off your DSC on your vehicle. This is where MDM is nice to have; however it does not remove the intrusiveness of DSC, it simply reduces it; which is what we are saying.

It's always good to keep in mind that some of us are not track stars or view our M's as a dedicated track vehicles; rather individuals who are skilled drivers and enjoy weekend track events...and do not want to thread the needle too thin; so we hedge risky pleasure with being intelligently conservative.

Remember, the definition of an "accident" is that it was not intended or foreseen to happen, regardless how good of a driver you are.

All the best.

2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Eisenmann Sport Exhaust_MT/Loaded
Appreciate 0